No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Dr. Mitchel S. Godat
Dr. Mitchel Godat at Periodontal Associates of Memphis, in Tennessee is an expert in gum and bone health and the only full-time, practicing, board-certified periodontist in the Memphis area. His goal is for you to have a comfortable experience with cutting-edge technique and conservative treatment.
During his residency, Dr. Godat worked as a general dentist which gives him a different perspective on the connection between dentists and periodontists and how they work together to fulfill patient needs.
Continued education is very important to Dr. Godat. He attends 200 hours or more every year in order to keep up on the advancements in technology and offer his patients the highest quality periodontal care possible. He also participates in local study clubs, teaches part-time as a Clinical Professor at the University of Tennessee, and maintains privileges at Methodist Hospital and Lebonheur Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Godat was honored to have been voted TOP DENTIST/PERIODONTIST in Memphis and the MidSouth. And has also been awarded the Memphis Dental Society Jack Wells Award for Outstanding Young Dentist, lectured nationally, and has articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Bite Therapy
- Osseous Surgery
- Bone Regeneration
- Bone Grafting
- Ridge Preservation Treatment
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
- Laser Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
- Gum Graft
- Crown Lengthening
- Soft Tissues Ridge Augmentation
- Gum Lightening
- Orthodontic Tooth Recovery
- Temporary Anchorage Devices
- Oxford College of Emory University and Emory University – Double major in biology and chemistry and minor in psychology
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry – Doctorate in Dentistry (DDS)
- Periodontics and Dental Implantology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Masters of Science (MS) in Oral Biology and Specialty Certificate in Periodontics and Dental Implants
- Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology
- Advanced training in Dental Implants and IV Sedation
Affiliations and Accreditations:
- Mid-South Interdisciplinary Dento-Facial Study Club, co-founder
- Mid-South Spear Study Club, co-founder
- Methodist Hospital privileges
- Lebonheur Children’s Hospital privileges
- University of Tennessee University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Dental Schools Clinical Professor
- Impacted Wisdom Teeth Surgery: What You Need to KnowNovember 10, 2020
Did you know that over 5 million people in the United States require a wisdom tooth extraction? And while you may be looking to have this treatment done in the…
- Root Canal Vs Extraction: Which Is Needed?October 9, 2020
Although root canals and extractions may seem like unpleasant experiences, they are for more preferred to ignoring necessary dental work. Both of these treatments can be used when a tooth…
- The Whole Tooth: Why a Custom Nightguard is Worth the InvestmentSeptember 9, 2020
Up to a whopping 200 pounds per square inch—that's how much crushing force adult teeth have. So, imagine how much damage that amount of force can do to the teeth of…
- Should I Visit My Dentist During COVID-19?August 25, 2020
With the COVID-19 pandemic, many people are trying to stay home as much as possible and are avoiding any appointments they feel could be unnecessary. But should you avoid seeing…
- What Are Mini Dental Implants: Everything Worth KnowingAugust 9, 2020
Are you in need of front teeth or premolar replacements? Or are you looking for a dental option that addresses teeth located in a narrow space? If your answer is…