No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Dr. Mitchel S. Godat
Dr. Mitchel Godat at Periodontal Associates of Memphis, in Tennessee is an expert in gum and bone health and the only full-time, practicing, board-certified periodontist in the Memphis area. His goal is for you to have a comfortable experience with cutting-edge technique and conservative treatment.
During his residency, Dr. Godat worked as a general dentist which gives him a different perspective on the connection between dentists and periodontists and how they work together to fulfill patient needs.
Continued education is very important to Dr. Godat. He attends 200 hours or more every year in order to keep up on the advancements in technology and offer his patients the highest quality periodontal care possible. He also participates in local study clubs, teaches part-time as a Clinical Professor at the University of Tennessee, and maintains privileges at Methodist Hospital and Lebonheur Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Godat was honored to have been voted TOP DENTIST/PERIODONTIST in Memphis and the MidSouth. And has also been awarded the Memphis Dental Society Jack Wells Award for Outstanding Young Dentist, lectured nationally, and has articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Bite Therapy
- Osseous Surgery
- Bone Regeneration
- Bone Grafting
- Ridge Preservation Treatment
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
- Laser Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
- Gum Graft
- Crown Lengthening
- Soft Tissues Ridge Augmentation
- Gum Lightening
- Orthodontic Tooth Recovery
- Temporary Anchorage Devices
- Oxford College of Emory University and Emory University – Double major in biology and chemistry and minor in psychology
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry – Doctorate in Dentistry (DDS)
- Periodontics and Dental Implantology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Masters of Science (MS) in Oral Biology and Specialty Certificate in Periodontics and Dental Implants
- Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology
- Advanced training in Dental Implants and IV Sedation
Affiliations and Accreditations:
- Mid-South Interdisciplinary Dento-Facial Study Club, co-founder
- Mid-South Spear Study Club, co-founder
- Methodist Hospital privileges
- Lebonheur Children’s Hospital privileges
- University of Tennessee University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Dental Schools Clinical Professor
Recent Facebook Feed
- What is Laser Dentistry?August 12, 2019
You've probably seen the term "laser dentistry" before, but many people are unclear as to what it actually involves. To find out more, we asked a number of dentists to…
- What Is Tongue-Tie?July 15, 2019
What Problems Does It Cause, and What Should Be Done About It? The condition known as ankyloglossia can cause problems for some individuals, starting from infancy. We asked dentists to…
- Are My Teeth Shifting As I Get Older?May 24, 2019
As you age, you may notice changes in your teeth. Even if you've had braces as a child, your teeth won't stay on the same place forever. Have you wondered…
- Why Am I Missing a Permanent Tooth?May 18, 2019
On average, we will grow and lose 20 baby teeth. As they fall out, we will grow, on average, 32 permanent teeth. But that’s just the average. Did you know…
- My Child’s Baby Tooth Has a Cavity. Should It Be Filled?May 15, 2019
Since primary teeth, commonly known as baby teeth, don’t stick around forever, we might get the idea that maintaining them isn’t all that important. After all, if you knew you…