No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
Dr. Mitchel S. Godat
Dr. Mitchel Godat at Periodontal Associates of Memphis, in Tennessee is an expert in gum and bone health and the only full-time, practicing, board-certified periodontist in the Memphis area. His goal is for you to have a comfortable experience with cutting-edge technique and conservative treatment.
During his residency, Dr. Godat worked as a general dentist which gives him a different perspective on the connection between dentists and periodontists and how they work together to fulfill patient needs.
Continued education is very important to Dr. Godat. He attends 200 hours or more every year in order to keep up on the advancements in technology and offer his patients the highest quality periodontal care possible. He also participates in local study clubs, teaches part-time as a Clinical Professor at the University of Tennessee, and maintains privileges at Methodist Hospital and Lebonheur Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Godat was honored to have been voted TOP DENTIST/PERIODONTIST in Memphis and the MidSouth. And has also been awarded the Memphis Dental Society Jack Wells Award for Outstanding Young Dentist, lectured nationally, and has articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Bite Therapy
- Osseous Surgery
- Bone Regeneration
- Bone Grafting
- Ridge Preservation Treatment
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure
- Laser Treatment
- Dental Implants
- Cosmetic Periodontal Surgery
- Gum Graft
- Crown Lengthening
- Soft Tissues Ridge Augmentation
- Gum Lightening
- Orthodontic Tooth Recovery
- Temporary Anchorage Devices
- Oxford College of Emory University and Emory University – Double major in biology and chemistry and minor in psychology
- University of Tennessee College of Dentistry – Doctorate in Dentistry (DDS)
- Periodontics and Dental Implantology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Masters of Science (MS) in Oral Biology and Specialty Certificate in Periodontics and Dental Implants
- Board Certified by the American Board of Periodontology
- Advanced training in Dental Implants and IV Sedation
Affiliations and Accreditations:
- Mid-South Interdisciplinary Dento-Facial Study Club, co-founder
- Mid-South Spear Study Club, co-founder
- Methodist Hospital privileges
- Lebonheur Children’s Hospital privileges
- University of Tennessee University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Dental Schools Clinical Professor
Recent Facebook Feed
- Ice Cream Cures All Wounds! Here’s How to Recover After A Wisdom Tooth ExtractionMay 9, 2020
About 5 million people have their wisdom teeth removed every year! That's around 10 million third molars and over $3 billion. If you're gearing up to have your wisdom teeth removed, then…
- Invisalign vs Braces: Which Option Is Right for Your Smile?April 9, 2020
When you're dealing with orthodontic work, it seems like you have two choices: you either get Invisalign, or you choose to get traditional braces. Most people would think that the…
- 5 Brilliant Reasons to Consider Professional Teeth WhiteningMarch 9, 2020
Over 38 million Americans used teeth whiteners in 2019. And this number is only projected to continue growing. Have you always dreamed of whiter teeth but are afraid to whiten…
- Are Root Canals Painful?February 28, 2020
We previously discussed the times and circumstances where a person might need to have root canal treatment performed, but many people are wary of having it done. You may have…
- What is Scaling and Root Planing?: Your Complete GuideFebruary 9, 2020
Let's get real. No one wants to talk about gum disease. But the reality is that it's more common than most people think. About half of Americans have it. And not facing…